In 2010, facing an increasingly competitive marketplace, Verizon decided to open a new channel to help boost sales of mobile devices and plans. The concept was to create a commerce platform that would let customers sign up with Verizon directly from a mobile device. We were brought in to design the mobile web experience that would make it happen.
Competition tough? Get tougher.
Here’s the basic scenario we worked on with Verizon:
• Competition’s user is frustrated with current coverage.
• User decides to shop around.
• User visits Verizon Wireless site – from a non-Verizon mobile device.
• Verizon’s Droid messaging captures user’s attention.
• User buys Droid phone and data plan.
• User wins – No more coverage issues. Cool phone. Great plan.
• Verizon wins.
Crafting the user experience.
We created detailed user flows to help define the user’s experience. We did the wireframes. Drew up the design specs. Designed the visual comps. Designed all the assets. And delivered. Ka-pow. Mobile experience created. New channel opened. Customer happy. Mobients happy.